Instructor of Certified Nursing Assistant – Part-Time
Hiring Entity: Premier Nursing Academy
Location: Pinellas Park – St. Petersburg, Florida
Schedule: Evenings (5pm – 10pm M-F)
Department: Training & Instruction
Position Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Premier Nursing Academy offers a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) training programs with an employment first approach. We work with potential students to help secure them pre-employment approval with one of our sponsor employers. If approved the employers pay for the training. Which makes it FREE for the students!
Instructor of Certified Nursing Assistant must be an LPN or RN with a current Florida Nurse License in good standing. They are responsible for the instruction of Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) students in the didactic, skills lab, and clinical areas. Providing a quality education for program students and performing instructional-related duties and responsibilities in accordance with the philosophy, mission, policies, and procedures of PNA. Serving as a teacher, mentor, and facilitator of learning. Success is measured by student satisfaction surveys, state exam pass percentage, and other factors inclining instructional observation.
Essential functions may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by instructors in a class or clinical setting.
- Teach assigned CNA courses and maintain written instructional standards; facilitate instruction using alternative delivery methods as needed
- Informs students in writing of instructional standards; participates in the assessment of student learning outcomes; establishes, maintains, and submits accurate student and instructional records in a timely manner
- Follow course outlines, textbooks, for CNA courses and integrate the knowledge of industry trends and professional training to support the continuous improvement of program quality
- Collaborate with leadership as needed to ensure curriculum, instructional materials, and evaluation tools meet the needs of the course outline
- Understanding of proper use of assessment strategy to evaluate students’ needs and progress
- Maintain records in compliance with FBON regulations and statutes governing CNA education
- Ability to follow academy policies and procedures
- Possess a working knowledge of current technology such as word processing, database, presentation, spreadsheet software, specifically where applicable in the use of educational media equipment and technology
- Ability to work with students from diverse cultures and/or backgrounds
- Ability to act as a professional always, in all circumstances
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Position Requirements and Overview
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Hold a clear, active Florida license to practice professional or practical nursing and
- Have at least one year of professional or practical nursing experience and
- Completed a course in teaching adults or
- Have at least one year of experience in teaching adults or
- Have at least one year of experience in supervising nursing assistants
- Two years’ teaching experience in nursing education
- Successful teaching experience, preferably at a community college
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Expertise in providing skills training and individual or small group tutoring
- Essential functions of this position require lifting, manual dexterity, ability to communicate
- Light work such as exerting up to 20 pounds of force
- Frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds
- Frequent walking or standing
- Work with considerable independence and under general guidelines and directions
- Will generally perform work in a typical classroom, clinical, or laboratory settings with appropriate climate controls and includes exposure to biological and chemical hazards
- Travel, evening, and weekend work may be required.
Please submit a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. Please explain your interest in this role, including amount of experience working as a nurse and amount of time working as a nursing instructor.